Luton Trading Standards welcomes your views and
comments on our web site and issues affecting Trading Standards.
Don't forget to fill in your name, email address and town on the
Trading Standards undertake a wide range of tasks to protect
consumers and help businesses.
- Where do you think we should concentrate our resources?
- What do you think is most important?
We would like to know. To express your views, please complete
the short questionnaire below.
Normally, we can only assist traders and residents from
Luton. However, we welcome comments and feedback from
anyone, wherever you are.
1. Fair Trading: Ensuring legally required information about goods and services is displayed and accurate
2. Fair Trading: Ensuring advertisements and other claims are not misleading (including information the trader does not have to give)
3. Food Contents and Labelling: Ensuring food contains the stated, legally required ingredients and quantities e.g. sausages must have 50% meat, and that maximum levels of contaminants and artificial additives are not exceeded
4. Product Safety: Safety of all consumer goods, e.g. electrical appliances, toys, flammability of materials in furnishings etc.
5. Vehicle Loads: Ensuring vehicles are not overloaded
6. Weights and Measures: Accuracy of equipment and machines weighing and dispensing measures, e.g. scales, spirit dispensers, petrol pumps
7. Sale of Goods with Minimum legal Age: Enforcing the sale of goods to people of the minimum legal age or older, e.g. tobacco, fireworks, videos solvents
8. Consumer Advice: Discussing and helping members of the public to resolve individual consumer problems
9. Consumer Education: Making consumers aware of their rights and responsibilities
Now click on the 'Send Views' button