The Buy With Confidence scheme puts consumers in touch with approved
traders who have shown a commitment to dealing fairly and honestly including
dealing promptly with any complaints. It is open to any business within the
area covered by Luton Trading Standards.
Benefits for members include:
- Independent recognition of your business standards
- Contact details and a link to your website on the Buy With Confidence website
- Contact details on our local list of approved traders which is published on this site, sent to consumers on request and promoted at our information events
- Use of the Buy With Confidence logo on your stationery and vehicle
- A closer relationship with Luton Trading Standards who will offer help and advice
- A mediation service in the event of a consumer dispute that cannot be resolved between the parties concerned
For the first year the membership is free. For subsequent years there is an annual fee, which currently is £110. Member businesses will be notified of any change in fees in good time.
The only cost to you for the first year will be for a Basic Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure (CRB) which is required for any personnel used by your business, such as employees or sub-contractors, who may visit domestic premises. For further information and guidance on CRB checks please visit the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Disclosure website.
How to Join
To become a member of the scheme, businesses must agree to comply with the Terms and Conditions and complete the application form.
For further information about the scheme please call us on 01582 547262.
Limitations of the scheme
Trading Standards do not vouch for the financial stability of any business neither for their health and safety procedures. All information provided is to assist consumers in exercising their own best judgement. All information is provided in good faith but no guarantee is given or implied as to the accuracy of the information provided.